想要休息,但宿舍太吵?假如环境迫使你要喊shut up,那样下面这篇文章对你肯定有所用处。就算是shut up,也可以不重样。
1. Put a sock in it
impolitely telling someone to sTOP talking or making a noise
不客气地让某人安静
Couldn’t you put a sock in it? I’d love to do some work, but I can’t in this noise.
能否把嘴闭上?你太吵了,我根本没办法工作。
Put a sock in it, there are people who are trying to sleep around here.
不要说话,有人正筹备睡觉呢。
2. Cork it / put a cork in it
telling someone to be quiet
需要某人安静
It’s too late and we’re fed up with your stories –cork it and go to sleep.
夜已深,而且大家听够你的故事了——别讲了,睡吧。
Don’t you want to work instead of talking all the time? Cork it and take your tools.
滔滔不绝地说废话,难道你不计划工作么?快点闭嘴拿上工具干活吧。
3. Button it
telling someone rudely to be quiet
粗鲁地让某人维持安静
Button it, can’t you? I’m trying to concentrate.
闭上嘴,行吗?我正努力集中精力。
If you don’t button it, I’ll get up and go away.
你再不闭嘴,我就走了。
4. Shut up / shut your pie hole
a rude way to tell someone to be quiet
无礼地让某人安静(派口=嘴/俚语/)
Shut your pie hole or I’ll shut it for you!
把嘴闭上,不然我就助你闭上。
Shut your pie hole and mind what you’re doing!
闭嘴,看你在干什么!
5. Zip your lip / zip it up
an informal way to tell someone to be quiet
让别人安静的一种非正式说法
Zip your lips, boys, and listen to me.
孩子们,安静,听我说。
We told her to be quiet, but she just couldn’t zip it up.
大家想让她安静,可她偏要讲话。
6. Wind your neck in
a rude way to tell someone to be quiet and/or calm down
一种叫人安/冷静的无礼说法
Cool down, buddy, wind your neck in, you’ve made enough troubles already.
冷静点,兄弟,少说几句,你惹的麻烦已经够多了。
Wind your neck in and sit quiet, we’ve taken the wrong road due to your talking nonsense.
少说几句吧,好好坐着。你的胡言乱语已经把大家带错路了。
7. Simmer down
calm down after anger or excitement; an informal way to tell someone to cool down
愤怒或开心后平静下来。让某人冷静的非正式表达
Please don’t shout, simmer down, there’s no point in rejoicing yet.
别大喊大叫,安静一点,这没什么可庆祝的。
Simmer down, guys, we’d better work first and make a party later.
冷静点,弟兄们,大家最好干完活在庆祝。
8. Pipe down
an informal way to tell someone to sTOP talking and/or to make less noise
让某人安静或降低噪音的一种非正式表达
The teacher shouted at the kids to pipe down but all in vain, none of them sTOPped talking.
虽然老师拼命让孩子们安静下来,但徒劳无功,大伙依旧叽叽喳喳说个不停。
Will you tell your mates to pipe down? I can’t work in this noise.
能叫你的伙伴小声一点么?我想做点事儿,但噪音太大,做不了。
你喜欢这类习语么?喜欢请推荐给小伙伴们~欢迎留言!